Thursday, January 28, 2010

I No Longer Stare

I used to sit behind you
You had pretty hair
Still do I suppose
At which I used to stare
There was nothing else to do
But I stare no more
Actually I do...
But not at you.
I stare into space
Space you no longer fill
Empty space filled with
Filled with not you
I stare at the tables and the chairs,
Some people, a window
Yes, a window, I stare out
Not at that soft, silky hair
I don't even notice you anymore
I look out the window
I no longer sit behind you
I sit far away actually
On the other side
At the back
The chairs, the people, the tables
They're what I see
Separating where I used to sit
Behind you, staring at your hair
I no longer stare...
Well, I do
But not at you
Out the window
I can barely see you
Sitting in the front
I sit in my own space
Which I chose
At the back
Away
Alone
I don't even remember you.
I stare away
Alone.
________________________
I have a lot of boring meetings. This one needs a lot of work.
Copyright © 2010 by Layne Cockcroft
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

The Ames Family said...

That is a little sad. What happened? Why does he know longer stare at her? I think that it is good. I don't know what 'work' you have to do, but then again, I am not the one getting an English degree.

Lauren said...

Burn! I love it!