Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sonnet 10


Today I met a girl with pretty eyes,

Dark hair and something shining from within

But often pretty eyes tell pretty lies

That lead one in the ways of wanton sin.


Now, as a man, of course, I paid no heed

For pretty eyes can ne'er my heart deceive

And so as Reason left upon his steed

I could not, from her presence, take my leave


Nor wished I to, not now nor e'er again.

Instead I reached my hand up to her cheek

And brushed her hair back from her eyes to gain

A deeper look, to see if they would speak,


And speak they did, those pretty, pretty eyes,

They told me only lies and lies and lies.

______________________________

I don't know what the intention of this was.

Copyright © 2010 by Layne Cockcroft
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you posted again! :) I really like this one. A lot. Miss you Layne, hope you're doing well!!