Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Katherine V

Konsider all the rhymes I make with Katherine
As I metrifikate in perfekt diktion
Though suns set on a thousand homely women
Her beauty is beyond my rhyme's deskription
Even so, I attempt to make a token
Rhyming on, that my verse remains unbroken.
I sit here at the well-kurb in reflektion,
Not just idly swept away in vision
Enough then! She is e'er my drug: vikodin.

_______________________________________________

This poem is actually freakin' awesome, although it probably needs a little more work to get the meter a little better. This is modeled on the poem labeled number 5 by Catullus (Catullus V). It includes in it allusions to Tennyson's "Hendecasyllabics" and Frost's "For Once, Then, Something" which are also both modeled on Catullus V. The meter may seem weird 'cos it's Phalacian Hendecasyllabic - and I say that to sound smart. It also has some other stuff in it... Feel free to bask in my glow.

Copyright © 2008 by Layne Cockcroft
All Rights Reserved

No comments: