Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Motus Animi Continuus

Darkness lurks at the window,
As black as hell, stifled by the candles.

Their scent

Obsession

And decay seeping from the kitchen

Brew.

My eyes burn.

I drain my glass, recrossing my legs.

The dryer's chorus drones.

Staring at my phone on the floor,
I watch it reflecting the flames.

_____________________________________

This is my new one, it's a work in progress... like all the rest. Hope you like it, let me know what you think it's about. The title is Latin for "constant agitation of the mind" It's from Thomas Mann's Death in Venice and is partly meant to invoke some of that story. Also, the blog publishing screws up the format, so it's not really formatted the way it's supposed to be.

Copyright © 2008 by Layne Cockcroft
All Rights Reserved

No comments: